Douglas Coupland donates archive to UBC

Douglas Coupland's Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture (1991) launched the Vancouver author's literary career.

Writer and artist Douglas Coupland, credited with popularizing the term Generation X with his novel of the same name, has donated his archives to the University of British Columbia.

"I am honoured that UBC has accepted my papers," said Coupland in a statement released on Thursday. "I hope that within them, people in the future will find patterns and constellations that can't be apparent to me or to anyone simply because they are there, and we are here.

"The donation process makes me feel old and yet young at the same time."

The author will also receive an honorary degree from UBC on May 27.

Read more at CBC

Looking for Canadian art? Check out Artistically Connected

No comments:

Post a Comment